With Mass Effect Andromeda about to release on March 21, 2017 and me without the hardware to play it nor the money to get said hardware, I decided to do something special for this occasion; beat the Shepard Trilogy on Insanity. Now, this isn't for the sake of bragging; everyone who cares about beating Insanity has done so already. Nor do I want to challenge myself; I've beaten ME1 on Insanity once before, before my first 360 crashed and burned. No, this is me being able to say "I got all the achievements on the Shepard Trilogy", something I've been working on for a LONG time, but avoided Insanity at all costs. But now, I'm finally at a point in my life when I can beat the games on this difficulty.
However, I'm going to make this as easy on myself as possible. Which is why I'm importing a character into each game and then setting the difficulty to Insanity; that way, I've got a good loadout for my team and a certain build for my character.
So, the following order is how I'll be posting the setup and completion entries on here. I'll explain when an entry isn't so clear.
- Background-This is going to be more than just "Spacer-War Hero" thing the game gives you. No, this is the what happened before the opening of the game. For 2 and 3, it will explain Shepard's alignment and choices that were made in the previous game. But for one? Well, that'll be something special.
- Extra power
- Build-This goes into how I combine the class and the extra power, and how I plan to survive Insanity with this character.
- Created on date
- Setup-What level and gear I start the run with. This will be more clear when I do the first entry.
- Companion tier-How good each companion is based on the difficulty and my build. And I want to make things clear; just because I don't like a companion's characterization doesn't mean they're automatically low tier. For example, Baldur's Gate 2 has an incredibly annoying character in Aerie, but she's incredibly useful due to her being able to use both arcane and clerical magic. So I use her when I'm doing a run where I'm not using Viconia, who is a pure cleric.
- Level of frustration-How angry I got with the BS the game throws at me. Like I said, I'm not going for the challenge, so I'm going to get mad at the cheap stuff the game throws at me.
- Content completed-Basically, what DLC missions I'm doing for the run, or why I'm doing certain content in a certain order. Some DLC has good items, but some don't have an Insanity achievement tied to them, and don't need to be completed ON Insanity.
- Achievements I'm going for
- Finish date
- Final thoughts-This is where I wrap up my feelings on the run.
But for now, look forward to the posts on the run, and stay beautiful freaks!
(Oh, and I'm using my sign off as the block for my referral code now. :) )